Tuesday, June 24, 2008

UMMMM....that leather smell!

A new car is a thing of beauty. And if it's yours, so much the more beautiful. I took possession of my new car on Friday. No, I haven't been in it every day, but almost. It took me most of one morning just to decide what to put back in it from the "stuff" that came out of the Montana van. The amount of debris, junk, trash and "why-do-I-have-this" items was incredible. Apparently over the years, I have considered that each car ride was the equivalent of a Girl Scout camp-out!

Knives, corkscrews, plastic eating utensils (some new, some used), rain hats/tarps/ponchos, flashlights (yes, plural), a roll of paper towels, plastic sheeting........oh, the list just goes on and on. A lot of it just got thrown away. Only about a quarter made it back to the pristine confines of my new Honda Pilot. I have taken a solemn oath to not junk this car up. We'll see how that goes.

Of course, this does not apply to anything necessary to the comfort, care or entertainment of the dogs. Who, by the way, have not enjoyed a ride yet. I'd like to revel in the new leather smell just a little bit longer. And not have to look out of windows fogged with Dog Art Snool. For now, I am enjoying riding along to the sound of XM radio without panting or snoring in the background.

No comments: