Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Martha Made Me Do It

See this?  It's all because of Martha Stewart and her magazine. 
Granted....I most likely would have gotten the fake poinsettas anyway.  I use them on my front porch for the holidays and half of them got thrown out after last year.  They were just way too faded and sad looking.  But if I hadn't been flipping through Martha's December issue, I wouldn't have gotten the bright idea to try some window dressing this year.  My porch is a trial.  It's VERY long and therefore, it takes quite a lot of stuff to make it look "decorated".  Not to mention that there is usually, for some unknown reason, a small gale-force wind blowing across it.  So anything over 2 feet tall sitting out there is repeatedly -- and I mean REPEATEDLY -- knocked down or over.

So, in the next few days I will don my Santa's elf hat and attempt again to fashion something I can attach to the windows that will get me in the Christmas spirit.  Lord knows I don't have it yet.  Of course, first I have to get all the summer plants off the porch and put somewhere to survive the winter.  Another trial......but let's not go there right now.

No comments: