Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Coming Up for Air

The office area is a shambles.  I'm sure it's going to stay that way much longer than I'd like.  Of course, it's my own fault.  I'm re-arranging, throwing out, filing, scratching my head and sneezing every few minutes.  Dust, you know.  And LOTS of it.

I dreaded doing this.  Talked about it all last year and never touched a thing.  Finally, I just couldn't stand it anymore.  Plus, I think the idea of getting my own computer galvanized me to consider just where in the hell I was going to actually put one.  I have a paper sickness:  just can't throw information-laden pieces of it away.  It's nuts.  Today, I feel just like one of those hoarders Oprah helps periodically.  Little slips of paper EVERYWHERE along with stacks of files and magazines.  My mother says it's genetic; I got it from my father who was notorious for jotting down "notes" and tearing things out of magazines.  Me, too.  And it's crazy-making.

This Friday's quote should be tattooed on my forehead.  Or, at the very least painted on the wall in big, big letters.

No comments: