Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Dancing with the Stars

Okay, I admit it: I am a sucker for this TV show. I have watched every season except the first. It's the only "reality" show that I've actually picked up the phone and voted for someone. I was asked last night why I like it so much. My reply was that 1) not everybody is old enough to be my child, 2) the "old" people actually do well, and in some cases, surpass the teenybopper crowd, and 3) it's a positive experience for everybody concerned. Not much TV these days that can lay claim to all that. And besides, I like to dance!


As evidenced by the fact that a couple of months ago, I was persuaded to take some dance lessons. And not just your typical, run-of-the-mill, cha-cha/tango/waltz dance lessons. Oh no. These are CAJUN dance lessons. Get down....get dirty....sweat....dance lessons. Yes, really.....CAJUN. Bet y'all didn't know about those, did you? Me neither. But boy, are they fun!


So now, I'm out trying to find boots to fit my very slender, narrow feet. IMPOSSIBLE. I have a pair of Frye's that fit fairly well, but haven't come up with any others yet. And a girl has to have more than one pair of Dancing Boots if she wants to twirl with the best of them. Well, at this stage, I think it's safe to say that I am no threat to anyone when it comes to expertise. But you just wait. In a few months, I'll be zydeco-ing and swinging and waltzing.......and all that jazz!

No comments: