Thursday, April 3, 2008

And The Speedometer Turns

Ah yes. This Tin Lizzie has one more mile on her. Double nickles have now turned to 56 as of today. Baby Sister and Little Mama took me to lunch where I threw out all thoughts of calories and ate my fill. Baby Sister presented me with a perfect birthday gift (besides lunch, that is): one of her very own original paintings of a wonderfully whimsical dragonfly.

Now there is a story behind this dragonfly. At the beginning of the year, I gifted both of us with sterling silver dragonfly charms to mark this year as a "transforming" one for us. Dragonflies are identified with transformation and illusion. This is to be the year of "different", "new" and all those other words that mean different and new. And so far it has been. We're both doing "new and different" things.

Turning 56 is certainly different, if not exactly "new". Somehow it's not quite the thrill that turning 50 was though. 50 was actually pretty magical.... a half century....whew! Maybe I just felt better then. Or something. Because while I don't feel "old" today, I don't feel very "young" either. Oh.....yeah.....I guess that's called MIDDLE AGE, huh? But I'm ready to continue my 2008 transformation, dragonfly style. I just wonder what me will appear next?

No comments: