Monday, March 15, 2010

Monday Musing - Remodeling Blues

I stayed angry pretty much the whole entire week last week.  I'm trying to get over it, but it's taking a whole lot of effort......and I'm not there yet.

I contracted with a man -- supposedly a professional landscape architect, but now I'm wondering -- to lay a flagstone patio for me.  In my mind, it started out as a smallish job, but sort of grew.  I agreed to that based on the estimate he gave me.  He started on Monday.  The weather has been uncooperative which hasn't helped.  It still isn't finished and the cost is now double his estimate.  Plus, my yard has sand piles where we usually walk and ruts where some imbecile tried to drive their truck out of the "big" backyard, forgetting that it has rained off and on for days and the ground is SOFT.  To their credit, they did attempt to fill the ruts with MORE SAND.

As you might imagine, I am fed up with the whole process and cannot wait for them to finish and leave.  All week I've wondered one thing:  do I just attract incompetent help or are there really no workman left who can be trusted to do a good job and stand by their word?

There were a couple of bright spots to the week.  I managed to have lunch with two friends on two different days..... one I hadn't seen in quite a while.  I am hoping for a much more peaceful week; in my heart, anyway.

No comments: