Monday, March 8, 2010

Monday Musing - Scottie Kisses

Last week was pretty busy, so no notes from me.  I'm not exactly sure WHY it was so busy except for two things:  one was a lot of emailing/phoning/conversation back and forth for the Alabama Canine Coalition and the other was Jake.

At the beginning of the week, I was notified by a friend that there was a Scottie boy still in our county shelter for the second week.  I didn't know who the Alabama Scottie rescue person was, but I quickly found out. After a flurry of phone calls from her to me to the shelter to my vet's office, I pulled the poor boy on Thursday and took him for vetting.  And what a wonderful little guy he is!  He, along with 2 or 3 other dog sidekicks, were abandoned by their family -- another foreclosure casualty.  I'm not pointing fingers, because I don't know the particulars.  All I know is that I would be very hardpressed to just walk off and leave my dogs in the backyard.  Especially if they were all like Jake.  We found out he's full of worms (but heartworm negative, thank goodness) but actually in pretty good shape.  We also found out that he loves EVERYBODY.....kids, other dogs, people of all shapes and sizes.  Thankfully, he already has a home eagerly waiting for his release from the vet's.

I like busy weeks like this past one.  Especially when they are accompanied by lots of very sweet Scottie boy kisses.

No comments: