Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday Musing - Just a Small Tremor

Earthquakes seem to be going on everywhere.  First, Haiti; now Chile.  And now.....me.  Obviously, my measly little shake-rattle-and-rolls aren't a drop in the bucket to the utter devastation and misery in those countries.  I can't even imagine....words fail to do those tragedies justice.

But yes, the earth under my feet is perceptibly shifting.  Last week was a busy one.  This week looks to be similar in activity level.  But the focus is changing.  Things that were once so terribly important seem to be losing their immediacy in my life.

Over the weekend, I attended a function with a group that I have been a part of for quite some time.  I always felt comfortable there up until now.  A part of me is saddened by the alteration in ambiance; a part of me feels a lifting of a burden that I really didn't know I was carrying.

Spring in the world is around the corner.....evidence of new beginnings will be appearing all around.  Spring in my heart is pushing toward the sun.   

No comments: