Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A Nice Way to Start the Week


I got to visit with a friend of mine Monday night that I don't often get to see. Her name is Geri and we met through our love of our Airedales....oh, about 8 or 9 years ago. It's nice to sit down and catch up when you don't get to see each other but every few years.


Of course, I didn't have much to add to the conversation other than a Vivi report. No wonder new mothers don't seem to talk about anything but their babies. They don't have time to do anything else! (See that "haggard new mother" look on my face? YES....I'm tired.) But Geri was gracious; she looked at all my pictures. Then I returned the favor and looked at all of hers. We asked each other all the usual questions about mutual friends: have you seen ____? have you heard from ____? What's ___up to now? Although the crux of the night's conversation revolved around THE DOGS. And why not? They are the foundation of our friendship. As a matter of fact, as I reflect on it, most ALL of my friendships in the last 15 or so years have been because of my dogs. God bless them everyone.........


We did manage to discover that both of us have been knitting quite a bit lately. So, now we'll have another topic to explore. Probably be some variation on knitting for dogs...........

No comments: