Sunday, July 20, 2008

The Vivi Chronicles

Tomorrow will be two weeks since Vivi came to stay. Only two weeks? My God, it seems like YEARS. God was so good to me: He only gave me four-legged children to deal with. I'm not sure I could have handled the two-legged variety. As I think of this past week, I remember what a friend said when I was trying to find just the right name for her. My friend suggested "Cute-As-Shit-House-Wrecker". I think she must be some sort of seer or something.

But it's not the house. Oh sure, there have been peeing and pooping accidents. Trying to eat things one shouldn't. Typical puppy stuff. Those are expected and dealt with. Oh no. This is bigger than that. We're talking disruption of long-held beliefs in the Universe. Or, at least the Universe of Dosido Farm.

Dosi and Blue have come to believe that Vivi is the spawn of hell. Only here to make their lives miserable. The tension produced by this alteration in their cosmic world has been bordering on the cataclysmic. Just when I think integration of the newest satellite is on the horizon, another rip in the Terrier Space/Time Continuum erupts. Needless to say, as the Commander in Chief of this merry (??) little band, my nerves are frayed. Keeping peace amongst the Indians has proven to be more difficult than expected.

I just don't remember absorbing a new puppy in to the household being this hard. Ahh, but I was younger then. Dosi was younger then. Blue didn't think the world revolved around Himself yet. No wonder older women don't have babies. I wonder if there's a cutoff age for puppies, too?

No comments: