Friday, January 2, 2009

HELLO 2009! End of the year wrap-up....

My, my how time does fly. Last time I was here it was mid-October. I could make all kinds of excuses. For example, I did have surgery in October and that took a few weeks to recoup from. And the computer took MONTHS to actually "get right". And there's always those gay holidays.....shopping, wrapping, decorating, eating, drinking. (For the record, I'd just like to say right now that I'm glad all that's DONE.)

Usually people want to get right to the resolution part of each new year. I think I've learned my lesson on this. Basically, don't. Every time I make them, they last a month or two and then gradually slide off in to oblivion. What's the point? But, it's hard to resist the clean slate, blank page feeling of January. So, at the risk of once again heaping guilt upon my very own head for not following through, here are the things I'd like to see happen in 2009 (just for me, mind you -- not the world at large):

* more training time with my dogs
* more exercising out of me
* less eating
* more creativity and writing (like keeping up with this blog better)
* less anger at the uncontrollable forces of the universe
* more peace
* less TV
* LOTS more laughter
* TONS more forgiveness

There're probably dozens more things I could put on the list, but these will do nicely to keep me feeling overwhelmed for a few months. And in the process, if only one or two really make it to the finish line in December, I'll consider the year a wonderful success. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

No comments: