Saturday, January 3, 2009

Let the Clean Sweep Begin

There are still a few odds and ends of Christmas decorations laying about. Those need to find their hibernation niche today. I hesitate to return to The Black Hole at the top of the house however. (This is better known to most as "the attic".)

Once I step inside the door, I feel a swirling vortex sucking me in; boxes, debris, litter of days gone by calling my name insistently. Yes, it's time to tackle the JUNK that has lived above my head for the past several years. I'm ready for new beginnings, fresh perspectives. The best way to get that is to cart off all the old I'm thinkin'.

Wishful thinking has me thinking maybe a week ought to do it. Who am I kidding? It took years to accumulate it. I doubt a week will make it magically disappear. What's that old saying: a journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. So let me just step over the threshold and see what happens.

No comments: