Friday, January 23, 2009

Snips & Snails & Puppy Dog Toenails


The weekly/bi-weekly War of the Toes was waged this afternoon once again. And once again, I emerged victorious, although with great effort. Trying to shorten dog toenails is one of the few things about dog ownership that I really don't like. I don't know of a dog that truly likes to his nails clipped. I have heard of a few that don't seem to mind. Mine are not those.


Blue used to be very stoic about the whole thing. He didn't like it. But he liked me better. As soon as Vivi came on the scene with her drama queen antics about every little thing, he decided that maybe if it was working for her, it would work for him. He's not nearly as colorful about it as she is, but he's not the sweet martyr he used to be. Viv is a regular Camille. Today she decided that maybe a small attempt at BITING my hand would stop the torture. NOT. Instead, she got the Crocodile Dundee stare down and a very guttural, sharp "NO". I bet she tries again.


While I'm on the subject of dogs, please take a look at a really good blog on how to keep your rights to own, breed and maintain your pet: doglawsatlarge.blogspot.com There are those whose sole aim in life is make sure that owing pets comes to an end and to do that they are attempting to pass anti-dog laws across the country. If you love your furry companions, you better take heed. Join with other responsible owner groups to safeguard your rights to your pets.

No comments: