Friday, September 11, 2009

Another Week Ended

A good friend of mine is about to become a grandmother at the end of the year.  I really can't believe that I'm old enough to have friends who are grandparents, but there you are:  I am.  As I still find it hard to take care of myself and my dogs (and occasionally my husband), there's a big part of me that's glad it's her and not me.  The other little teensy part of me that heaves a big sigh at the thought of grandmotherness filled the need by knitting this little lap blanket for the new arrival.

I love to knit anything flat because
I'm really not much more than a
novice knitter.  So, baby blankets are
my go-to gift.  Plus, I love the yarns
that are designated for such projects.
As a matter of fact, I found a little
jacket for a toddler that I'd really LOVE to make for myself.... just need to find someone who can rewrite the pattern for me.

I didn't find out until I had finished what gender we had coming out of the oven (a boy).  Thank goodness I chose a yarn to do the heart that could go either way.

I hope that this gets used till it falls apart.  And it keeps that wee one warm and cuddly.  Babies truly are a magic gift.  Beside this new little person, my blanket is just a very wee token.

No comments: