Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The End of Summer

Labor Day is always supposed to be the official end of summer.  It makes no difference that temperatures here in the South will still hit the high 80s or low 90s until somewhere along about Thanksgiving.  That may be a slight exaggeration, but not by much.  I've known plenty of Thanksgiving Days that were in the low 70s.

Enough about the weather.  It must be a mental thing, but when I woke up this morning (at 4:30.....no, I don't know why....I just did), I felt curiously energized and ready to DO something.  Which is a far cry from the way I felt over the weekend.  Can you say "lethargic"?  It's almost as if my brain flipped a switch in to Autumn Mode:  crispy, clear days equal crispy, clear behavior.  Go get 'em, girlie!  Make use of that little surge of adrenalin!

Anyway, I'm ready.  Summer makes me tired and cranky and hot.  I'm ready for an attitude adjustment and a change of season is just what the doctor ordered.  Falling leaves, anyone?

No comments: