Monday, August 10, 2009

I Hate Summer!

Really. No kidding. It sounds crazy because most people love summer: the swimming, the boating, the golfing, the hiking, the......whatever. Those lazy, crazy, hazy days of summer. Sorry, I'm not buying it. Here in the South, it's nothing but heat, humidity and sweat. I don't like any of those.

Summer saps my energy, makes me lethargic and dull. All my vim, vigor, zest and creativity are enveloped in the steamy outdoors, never to return till October. It makes me cranky and wears on my nerves. And I've been this way since June.

I've had enough. It's almost mid-August and we still have weeks and weeks of summer weather. I'm fighting back. No, I don't know how. But I'm tired of being just a puddle on the floor. I WANT SOME COOL FUN. And I'm going out and find some!

No comments: