Monday, August 24, 2009

Monday Morning Musings

To be absolutely correct, I guess I should call this Monday Musing "Monday FUMING". I got on the scales this morning for the first time in about a week. Need I say more? I had(again) passed the magic number.....and NO, I won't tell you what it is......that tells me I am headed to Fat City on the express train.

It's not fair that as you age, your body wants to hold on to all those calories instead of release them. It's not fair that no matter how much you move, your metabolism rachets down in to creep mode. Not fair, not fair, not fair. But, as they say, it is what it is.

I don't mind the less eating part really. It's the less drinking part that gets me. Those cocktails in the late afternoon before dinner are such a pleasant way to unwind and end the day. Unfortunately, they also carry mucho calories with them. And even though I'm told dozens of times that those calories are empty, I can't believe that anything that tastes that good could be termed "empty". Ah well. Prohibition Wagon, here I come!

No comments: